Backgrounder: Know What You Have

Download the attached pdf to find out why knowing what you have is an important step towards lowering your risk of cyber attack.
Backgrounder KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE 2001.pdf (299.4 KB)
#GCABackgrounders

Need help with implementing any of the tools in the toolbox? We are here to answer any questions you may have.
If you have any useful tips you would like to share or a topic you’d like to discuss with the community please do so - collectively we can make a difference!

Hi Gill,

Excellent resource! As someone who works in health IT, it’s nice to see all the tools pooled together into this comprehensive guide!

My colleagues and I have developed a tool for monitoring how internal users access sensitive data. Specifically, we identify abnormal behaviour which may indicate a malicious or negligent user. It’s a commercial tool that is really beneficial to organizations that hold PII or sensitive data.

I noticed that most/all of the tools listed on GCA Toolkit are free to use. Are there plans to offer a toolkit of commercial products? Does GCA have any toolkits for listing other software that is protecting against data breaches?

Looking forward to your reply,
Mick

Hi Mick - thanks for your comments. We do have a number of initiatives lined up for the toolkit. By chance today (19 Feb) at 8.30am/ET, 1.30pm/GMT… our CEO Phil Reitinger is being interviewed on the General/GCA News&Announcements channel (tagged Interview) about the toolkit and will be available to answer questions! Do join us then, or catch up afterwards. Gill